Monday, March 5, 2012

Indian wedding: the priest

The religious part essential in a traditional Indian wedding, it was the highest point. For this there was a wisely-looking priest (someone told me how much he's looking like Rabindranath Tagore), who here is preparing the place for the future ceremony: he delimited a square where nobody else than the "actors" were allowed, I as a photographer, was forbidden to step inside.

indian wedding priest

Creative Commons LicenseThis work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License.

2 comments:

  1. TBH i have no idea how Rabindranath Tagore looked like but i know who he was :)
    anyway these are amazing pics and info :) thanks alot :) you did good to go there... is once in a lifetime opportunity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My previous knowledge about Tagore was that I heard his name :) but the guy who told me about the priest told me a long talk about his writings and works... yes, he was a bit off, telling me (IUUC) she was the first Nobel laureate for literature (when he in fact was the first non-European Nobel laureate) but I understand his enthusiasm, Tagore was a local, originating from Calcutta, where the wedding ceremony took place.

      Delete